Thursday, March 5, 2009

Old Fashioned Chocolate Pies


Today was a glorious day! Temps were in the upper 60's and it felt so good for the warm sun to wash over my skin. I spent the day running errands when I had rather been scrathing around in the dirt or spring cleaning. But these ordinary dull things must be done as we all know. This evening I made one of my favorite pies. This recipe is one of those that I don't know where it came from orginally. Before I left my parent's home I copied down several of my mom's recipes and this is one of them. This pie is simple and delicious. Here is the link to the pie crust recipe I love http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/12/p-p-p-pie_crust_and_its_p-p-p-perfect/
Old Fashioned Chocolate Pies
4 egg yolks (reserve whites for meringue)
4 cups whole milk
2 cups sugar
4 T. cocoa
9 T. Flour
2 t. vanilla
Combine dry ingredients, beat yolks with milk. Combine dry ingredients with wet in a heavy cooker. Cook over med. high heat until thick, and until it coats the back of the spoon. Turn heat off and add vanilla. Pour into two baked crust. Add meringue and bake at 350 until golden.

3 comments:

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Oh, you brought back alot of memories with posting the recipes of chocolate pie:) Mom made them and they were so good, seems she would make one for dessert on Sundays. I copied the recipe on a recipe card... sometime I'd love to make one.
Thanks again,
Rondell

Anonymous said...

Oh For The Love.......!!
Now you just made me hungry!! LOL!!
I love chocolate cream pie!!

Thanks for sharing!!


How is the house coming??
Getting any further along?? Anymore MUD??? LOL!!

Hope that all is well!!! And keep the warm weather coming!!!

Many Blessings
Lori

Andi said...

Hi Jill! Chocolate pie is my favorite and yours look delicious and perfectly beautiful.