Hello everyone! I finally have a new tutorial for you. I really enjoyed making this guy; you can use the same technique to make a doll rather than a kitty. If you have trouble with any of my tutorial directions and have a question please feel free to email me and I will do my best to help. Email me at email@example.com
Black Sock or other black fabric (I used the sleeves from a old black tshirt)
rags for stuffing (I used scraps of homespun and other fabrics)
Button thread in tan and dark brown
2 old white buttons
Stained Twine, rusty bell and scrap fabric for patch
1: Begin by laying your material right sides facing; using your chalk draw a primitive cat as shown in photo. It does not have to be perfect!
2. Sew right on the chalk line either by sewing machine or hand; leaving the bottom open for turning.
3. Turn right side out.
4. Using your fabric scraps stuff your kitty; the lumpier the better. Try to pack it in pretty tightly except for where you want the kitties neck to be.
5. Run a gathering stitch along the bottom of the kitty and pull tight and knot.
6. Using your brown button thread cinch around the kitty where you want the neck; pulling tight and knotting thread.
7. Using your tan button thread primitively stitch your cat's nose, mouth and whiskers.
8. Sew on his eyes.
9. To embellish hand sew on a old piece of fabric for a patch and tie a rusty bell around his neck with twine.
Please remember as with all my tutorials I ask that you do not sell these directions; freely give them to your friends as they were freely given to you.
May God Bless,