Sunday, June 8, 2008

Oatmeal Cookies


I can't keep my hand out of the cookie jar ever since I baked these sinful treats. They are so yummy! The original recipe called for raisins; however I don't like raisins. Here is the recipe:


OATMEAL COOKIES


2 sticks margarine or butter, softened


1 c. packed brown sugar


1/2 c.sugar


2 eggs


1 t. vanilla


1 1/2 c. all purpose flour


1 t. baking soda


1 t. cinnamon


1/2 t. salt


3 c. Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)


1. Heat oven to 350 degrees


2. Beat together butter and sugars until creamy


3. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well


4. Add combined flour, soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well.


5. Stir in oats; mix well


6. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.


7. Bake 10 to 12 min or until golden brown


8. Cool 1 min on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack.


Makes 4 dozen

1 comment:

Gettysburg Homestead said...

YUM!!!! My family doesn't like raisins either. Those sound really good.