Wow! What happened to spring? It has been in the upper 80's all week here. Today it was a lot cooler with rain. All week I have kinda put my work aside and did things around the house. Lots of laundry and lots of weedin. I bought two hanging baskets to spruce up the porch and hung my flag back up. I am running out of things to do tutorials on but thought I would share some tips with you guys for primitive crafting.
1. I save all my fabric scraps; I use them later to stuff pincushions and dolls. It gives them a wonderful old feel.
2. To make new fabric look worn stain it and then sand it. To make moth holes nip the fabric with scissors and then sand the hole.
3. To make a new bear look old run over his fur with a disposable razor and then dust with cinnamon.
4. To dry paper you have stained in seconds place in the microwave. Watch carefully as it will catch fire!
5. Recycle empty glass bottles and cans to grunge. Cooking oil placed on the labels and allowed to sit makes them easily removed.
6.Fabric stains better and more evenly is laundered first.
7. Fabric stained and baked in a 200 degree oven is naturally stiffened.
Hope you find these tips useful :) Hope you have a blessed Sunday.