Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter Blessings

Greetings Everyone! Just a quick note to let you guys know there will be no Sunday Tutorial. I will instead post a Monday Tutorial. I have so much going on tomorrow I won't have time to do the tutorial. I know you guys will have lots of plans too. I have been busy all day...........cooking, cleaning and doing laundry. As well as doing outside chores! We will be having Easter service at church tomorrow and then it is the MIL's birthday. After church I will be taking her cheesecake (the cake she requested) and her gifts. Luckily she loves primitives so I made her two cupboard mice and purchased a Herbs sign made from an old fence post for her. Along with some waxy bulbs for her window lights. My contribution to the church meal was a turkey breast, blueberry blunder cake and a hash brown casserole. If I have time in the morning I will be making yeast rolls. Lol, but it isn't looking good I still have laundry in the dryer at 12:35 am. I hope that you all have a wonderful blessed Easter! Here is the recipe to my Blueberry Blunder (lol which I invented........it was a bit of a blunder)
Blueberry Blunder Cake
1 box white cake mix
2 8oz Cool whip Tubs
1 8oz cream cheese softened
1 c. powdered sugar
2 cans blueberry pie filling
1 T. of milk
Bake cake as directed on package; Cool completely. While cooling prepare filling. Mix cream cheese, powdered sugar,1 tub of cool whip and milk. Mix with a mixer until smooth, if the mixture is too thick and unspreadable add a little more milk. Crumble cooled cake into pieces; Put half of the cake in the bottom of a 13 x 9 pan or trifle dish. Layer next one can of pie filling and half the cream cheese filling. Top with the rest of the cake, another can of pie filling and the rest of the cream cheese filling. Last put the other tub of Cool Whip. Chill before serving. This is sooooooo Yummy!

1 comment:

LoveThePrimLook said...

Happy Easter Jill !!! I tagged you :) Check out my blog.
Angie