Monday, October 22, 2007

It's Raining!!!!





It has been raining off and on here today.............which is so inspiring. I just love the way it sounds on the tin roof in the workshop. I got a little carried away making new things when I should have been working on orders. I made a new santa which I listed on ebay and a new pantry jar. Also I am listing below the recipe to my pumpkin bread on yesterday's post.
Pumpkin Bread
3 1/3 c. All Purpose Flour
2 t. Baking Soda
1 1/2 t. salt
1 t. cinnamon
1 t. nutmeg
3 c. sugar
1 c. Vegetable Oil
4 extra large eggs or 5 large eggs
1 16 ounce can commercial pumpkin
2/3 c. water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Grease lightly two 5 x 9 loaf pans on the bottom and 1 inch up the sides; set aside.
Onto wax paper, sift together flour, soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg; set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, place the sugar and oil; using mixer, beat on high speed until light and blended. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add pumpkin and water and mix until blended. Add the flour mixture in halves beating well in between.
Pour batter equally between the two pans. Smooth with a spatula. Bake one hour or until toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool. Eat and Enjoy! Makes 2 large loaves.

No comments: