Saturday, June 27, 2009

A Bee's Life

Here are some updated pics of the Bees and the work they have done!
Filling up their feeder with syrup
Preparing the smoker

I was the smoker/ photographer .......lol



The bees already have comb on 4 frames!








These guys are hard workers!





In the right hand corner you can see some honey they have capped!





Well folks, it's been another busy hectic work week. I am putting the finishing touches on a large wholesale order and hope to begin making some new creations. As for this weekend their is lots to do......I plan on doing some major cleaning and packing up some stuff not used very often in plastic totes. Wow I never realized how many kitchen gadgets and appliances I have! For those of you whom asked about the walls in my new house this is what we did. We used pine 3/4" thick sheeting boards. We nailed them up and stained it Early American. We did the same thing on the ceiling. This wood is very inexpensive and you don't even have to sand it. The best thing of all is we have the cistern complete and we got lots of rain yesterday from a storm. So we now have running water in the house!
Hope you all enjoyed the pics of the bees and hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Blessings,
Jill








3 comments:

Busym1 said...

Hi! Thanks for the update! Glad you now have running water in your house.I took a quick look at your bee progress (I'm scared to death of bees!) nice that they are working out for you! Take care and have a nice weekend! hugs, michelle

sonyadawn said...

hello jill, I love the pictures of your home. When do you think you will be done and living there? My DH and I built our home 3yrs ago this July. What a project, but we loved every moment. Love the wood everywhere. My father-in -law has bees and they are so interesting but I am scared to DEATH of them, so I eat the honey, and that is as close as I get to them. But as far as an earlier post you did on Mans second best friend... check out my blog, it's an earlier post, but we Love our Goats!!
Have a blessed day!
sonya... Ps I'm in norhteast Tn, we are neighbors!!

Andi said...

Hi Jill! I haven't been much of a blogger lately but wanted to stop by and say hello. I love your post on Bees. My daddy was a beekeeper...as a hobby...and we always had the most wonderful honey on the table at every meal. I remember when he would go "smoke" them...and I remember my first bee sting...ouch! He actually used to enter a wonderful display in our county fair in Indiana...where I grew up. And my Mom would make Walnut Honey Loaf which always received rave reviews...good memories.

Andi