Monday, January 5, 2009

A Dreary January Day

Beeswax Snowmen Bowl Fillers (made using a Homespun Heart mold)
Anna (made using a TFC Folk art Pattern)


Real Bird Nest on a Box with Hand-Sculpted Beeswax Eggs

Lard Can



Pickled Pigs Feet Can




It's a dreary, rainy day here today. The weather has turned much cooler and we are expecting up to two inches of rain. I have a big pot of veggie soup bubbling away on the stove. Over the last couple of days I have made many things to offer on the website. I don't know about you guys but in my workshop I have a old metal basket and all the bodies and projects that get pushed aside end up in this basket. When business is slow (like now) I like to finish things from this basket. It drives me nuts to have unfinished things lying around, but when orders come these things must wait. Have a blessed evening!
Jill






9 comments:

Cheryl said...

I agree with you I hate having undone projects laying around. You have very nice pieces. I really need to put some pep in my step I have so much stuff I want to work on but I feel a bit of a creative block going.

Peace and Blessings
Cheryl...Snatch JOY!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Love your work and all of your great pictures:)
Rondell

Pam B said...

Love your latest projects!

Pamela... Beehind Thyme Farm & Garden said...

Goodness, you have been working... it is a Rainy Day here also.

Love all your wares... how do I get to your website???

Many Blessings 2 You, Pamela

SimpleFolk said...

New Year's Blessings to you, Jill! Looks like you've been busy. I also hate unfinished projects, but I have a ton of them. Winter days are just the best for those, aren't they? I have been meaning to take a sewing day soon. :-)
It's always a joy to see what you're working on.

Amy

Terry said...

Love the Beeswax snowmen!
We had rain, that turned into freezing rain, then snow. Not a lot - only an inch, but oh my, it's cold outside.
I copied down the Shepherd Pie recipe. Sounds yummy.

Terry

JeanM said...

I thought those were real onions LOL. Great projects you made. Just wanted to caution you with the birds nests. I had a bird mite infestation and they are no fun!! Months of bites all over my body just because they nested in the entrance way to the house. We had to remove the nest after they left and rub a bar of soap over the area so they would not renest.

A Bit of Colour said...

I LOVE THE SNOWMAN!!!!!!!!!!! DO YOU KNOW IF SHE STILL SELLS THE MOLDS????

Farmhouse Blessings said...

My grandmother ate pickled pigs feet and they still sell them at our little local store. Love your labels!

Smiles,
Lea